Building Permits are required for construction of all structures in the city, including:
- New construction
- Building additions
- Alterations to structures
- Utility structures: garages~ storage, sheds, pools, fences, etc.
- Change of use or occupancy
- Demolition of structures or portions thereof
- Repair and/or replacement of structural members
- Electrical alterations/additions
- Plumbing alterations/additions
Permits are not required for ordinary repairs to structures, but such repairs shall not include the cutting away any wall, partition or portion thereof, the removal or cutting of any structural beam or bearing support, or the removal or change of any required means of egress, rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the exit requirements or other work affecting public health or general safety.
Permits are also required for:
- Excavation of any street, alley or other public property
- Sewer taps
- Driveways (new or enlargement of existing)
Many of the permit applications can be found on our forms page or by visiting the Building & Zoning office at Lincoln City Hall.